Tuesday, March 25, 2014

26 Weeks


How far along: 26 weeks
Gender: Surprise! (We think it's a girl.)
Weight gain: 31 lbs - maintaining since last week.
Maternity clothes: Newest adjustment: cutting the waistband of my old tights. Driving makes my clothes cut in these days. I refuse to buy maternity leggings when warm weather (should be!) just around the corner. 
Stretch marks: SO ITCHY. Left hip. I see more showing up purple all the way around to my back.
Belly button in or out: Still where it's been: almost flat, but not quite.
Sleep: A lot. I'm back to loving my bed.
Best moment this week: Prenatal visit, hearing our baby. He/she flipped to the left side right before our visit, but today (at 26 weeks) I think it's back to the right side again. Flippy-floppy wiggle worm.
Worst moment this week: So many. Doran told me to cut sugars (including breads, crackers - all wheats) in hopes to conquer the infection I'm fighting and prevent a 10-pound baby. (I'm measuring big.) Also, Joe hit a funk the last couple of days. Between Olivia last weekend and Joe this weekend, I've had a pretty emotional/stressful week. (Amazingly, my BP is lower than usual.)
Miss anything: Bread. Bagels. :(
Movement: So much! I can't really tell what I'm feeling most of the time. Baby doesn't seem to stay in one place. Doran seemed to think it was strange, but when baby kicks on one side of my belly, I feel it hit on the other side. I guess our baby likes stretching out.
Cravings: WHEAT. Withdrawing off of all the bagels, toast, crackers, pretzels. . . And even natural sugars. I'm not 100% off, but I seriously have had to emotionally deal with it. I didn't realize how much food was my "happy place" during pregnancy when so much else just sucks.
Queasy or sick: Nauseated this morning, but I think it was my emotional state because of Joe. Also, really sick of this infection. Tea tree suppositories for 5 nights now and not seeing any improvement. 
Looking forward to: Feeling like myself again.



Too many good ones this week. 


Our little "and"
adds an ampersand
as our you-and-me
goes from two to three.

No comments:

Post a Comment